Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Process

A mess. 

Not what you had hoped for. 

Less than beautiful. Or so you think. 

I've been looking for Him through this renovation. You know He is always speaking. And I hadn't heard a thing. 

I've actually been down. Really, really down. 

But I keep looking for Him, like really looking, and I finally heard something today. 

If it wasn't for the mess, there would be no room for transformation. No before and after. No story to show off what He's done. 

And then I immediately was brought to the cross. 

The cross. 

The ultimate disgrace and humiliation, turned upside down inside out, until the whole world was saved in a moment. His big mess, to the eyes of the world, was saving their lives. 

And theirs. And theirs. And theirs. 

We were born into messes. We lack things. Not stuff "things", but things in our character or personalities or giftings. 

And then, when you let Him, He renovates your heart and you feel the process. It's painful sometimes. But the process isn't complete until you're on the other side. 

Side Beautiful. 

Side Grace. 

Side Hope. 

Side New. 

Somewhere in the last days, I had lost sight of the end result and been overwhelmed with the process. 

Hallelujah! See again! Thank again! 

I'm praying that we have strength to seek Him when we don't hear and thank Him throughout the mess. 

1 comment:

Amber said...

Your heart is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!