Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Quotesssss

It's been coming up, again and again, and I think it's because I need to hear it. Repeat it. Make it part of me, my personality. My vocabulary. My responses.


"Life is not an emergency."


I've never been so impacted by a quote, other than verses from the Bible spoken by the big guy himself.  But, that being said, I think this is a rema-word from heaven, sent for me. And maybe someone else.

So, think about your body and mind during an emergency. Are you fearful? Filled with anxiety? Are you scampering around from thing to thing, rushing passed each whisper that He's trying to reach you with? Yes! That's what we do in emergencies.


But, that is not life. The thief comes to steal and kill (life), but He came so we can have it fully! Man, I want to live every. single. day. FULLY.


I am. Taking captive the moments. And here's my prayer for you mighty warriors. You daughters and sons of the King. You, who are the salt of the earth, the lights on a hill, victorious ones...


God, give them a focus today. A focus that can't be tampered with. Engage their eyes until they see heaven and nothing persuades their hearts away from you. Your plans for the morning. Your divine meetings for the afternoon. Your heart of thanks for the evening. Help us to live life fully in the moment and NOT like it is an emergency. So be it!


No comments: