Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015. The first.


I'm pretty sure in elementary school we joked about living in "2015". 

Like, "Can you even imagine we will be alive and old in 2015?"

And now we are living in that joke, like a real life Back to the Future movie. 

Did you set goals? 
Did you look back?
Was it a year of highs?
A year of lows? 

I suppose no one goes into a new year hoping for the "lows". It's usually a taken-by-surprise kind of thing.

And the highs, the years where babies are born, marriages begin or houses become homes. Those years stick out in comparison. 

I'm not sure yet what this year holds for me, for us, for our family. We have high hopes and small-to-big dreams. The truth is, this is the first year in a while where I have been more focused on living in the "now", reveling in the present, than sketching out the future. 

Both is necessary. 

Both keep us alive. Very alive. 

Cheers to 2015, the newness of a new year, and all the goodness and mercy it already holds. I'll leave you with this link, a song from an album Brandon bought me for Christmas. It's on repeat. Repeat. Repeat. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azBAF3dObps






No comments: