Wednesday, January 14, 2015

No Big Thang

It's here. It's here!

The month we've all been waiting for. January, a great excuse to start over, clear out the old and bring on the new. Stop, I know what you're thinking. It's not the month you've been waiting for...I get it. I really do. But if you look hard enough, there are a few things to perk up your mood.

I joined the gym. Yup. That's right. Half-Marathon number 2, here I come. And also, going to the gym in the wee hours of the morning before my house awakes always sounds like a superb idea...I have yet to actually get there.

Purging. The kids closets. Old toys. Our drawers. The BASEMENT! Out with the old, gotta make room for the new.

What else? Oh, meal planning for the week. I dislike, very much, the thought of going to the grocery (more than once a week) when it's below 32 degrees. Welcome to where I live. The land of its-not-gonna-get-above-32-degrees. Meal planning for the week actually creates excitement in my little heart to cook. I mean, cook a good meal. Sure, it may be a "hardy comfort food" type of meal, but still, it's gonna be good.

Reading. Yes, lots of reading. Quiet times while the kids are sleeping and the fire is blazing. Yes, lots of that.

I don't want any readers to think that I am ignorant to the fact that January also brings in some negative attributes.

Cold. Toilet. Seats.

Terrible, I know. And yes, I am thankful that I can use a toilet and I don't have to wander outside to a hole in the ground, but still, I am entitled to my opinion, and that includes the dislike of ice cold toilet seats.

Layers. Getting the children ready to go anywhere takes approximately 10-15 minutes longer than it did in summer. And that's for my 2 children. I can't imagine the multiplication of 4 or more children.

Jackets (which they need help to zipper). Gloves (their fingers never line up). Socks (which of course are still upstairs in their dressers). Shoes (not the slip-on kind, the kind that make me sweat).

I choose to stop there.

January used to make me shiver. It made me sad. It made me nervous. But now, it's really no big thang. You want to know what we've really been up to around here...

Birthdays

and

Valentine's Day.

SO MANY BIRTHDAYS, and it's so much fun to prep for Valentine's Day. Click on these links and check some of the projects that will make your cold wintery house feel warm and full of love.

THIS.

AND THIS.

AND YOU KNOW WE WILL BE TAKING THIS PIC.

Cheers to the new, January!

No comments: