Sunday, February 15, 2015

Facts from February

She paced the keys on her Mac, only to come up with this:

There has to be more to February than sickness.

There has to be.

Wait. What?

There isn't?

Not this year?

Dang.

Alright.

I'm not usually a complainer. I can't even blame it on these disgustingly low temps or my husband being gone for a zillion days in a row, coming home just after bedtime.

It's sickness. Which leads to sad kids. Which leads to a life lived inside my home, sans friends and play dates. Sans church. Sans activities.

In light of my complaints, I shall attempt to see the silver lining in all of this.

Referencing the past 10 days: fevers, sore throats, coughs, diarrhea, and throwing up

The positive: all of my linens in the entire house are washed, all. of. them.

we have spent ample, huge, monstrous, hours of QT together

we actually used the DVR and cable channels that we rarely watch, but still pay for

every surface has been sanitized, wiped, and dusted

i relearned that sitting and just "being" is ok. in fact, it's actually really good for my soul

good friends look out for you, even when you say no

a full night of sleep has never felt so good

hours spent sitting means hours to read my ol' Bible app, crushing the Read your Bible in a Year plan

empathy, nothing says real empathy like when you've been there too and you can relate


Cheers from the SickNowHealthy House! I suppose the cup half full would be that there are still 2 weeks left and those, THOSE will be healthy ones!


No comments: