Monday, March 9, 2015

God and Starbucks


It's the Monday after my birthday. It feels almost embarrassing, all the celebrating we have done around here. I just pinch myself and slip up some thank yous for the husbandfamilyfriends who slobber me with love like they mean it. 

This is it. The first day of the rest of my life. And tomorrow, the same thing. No fear. Just love. 

Wanna hear a crazy story? A little snippet from our weekend? Saturday before leaving for King of Prussia, Brandon stopped at Starbucks for coffee. We tried the drive thru, but 10 cars in front of us caused us to back out of the line. Inside I went, noticing 3 semi-familiar faces in front of me. Possibly from church I "know" them, I smiled politely and waited for my turn. After the 3 chatted a minute, one of them offered to take my drink order and pay. I tried to refuse and told them I was buying drinks for 5 friends too (you can't road trip without coffee in hand), but Tim said 5 was the number of grace and proceeded to pay for my order. How kind. We chatted for a minute about how long I've been at Life Center and then the Starbucks employee interrupted and asked for my name for the cup.

Sam, I said. 

And then the 3 of them laughed. They pulled out a white piece of paper on which my name, Sam, was written!

A little while before their starbucks trip they had talked with God about the day and who they could pray for and bless, and the only name they heard was, Sam. Although, when they walked in

to Starbucks and only saw women, they never thought they would meet a "Sam" in there. 

But, alas, they did. Me. 

I know this is long, but it was SO encouraging. I had to share. The lady, Joy, prayed for me. She prophesied things and prayed things that spoke right to my heart. God whispered pieces to her that I knew were right on target. 

And then I thanked them and hopped back in the car. Just like that. 

God loves you SO much that He will even talk to other people about you. He is everywhere you go, even when you aren't looking for Him. And His words over you and to you are ALWAYS good. Always. 

Cheers to going for it! Today and every day!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

We have many mutual friends, our husbands know each other, and we may have met a long, long time ago...and I just wanted to encourage you (as I somehow randomly got to your blog) that your words are so real and encouraging! Thankful for this story of how He loves!!