Sunday, March 22, 2015

"If you let go of the journey, you let go of the reward."

About 2 years ago, the lord asked me to walk away from a friendship. At first, there was so much grace to obey. I knew I heard God's voice and I knew I wanted to obey. But within a few months, I started realizing the magnitude of my decision, and how this one choice was effecting every single day of my life. 

It was a divorce for me and my obedience was being walked out daily. 

In this new season of clarity, Jesus became something more to me than ever before. He was always the one who loved me. He was always my strength and my provider. He was always my savior and my redemption. But now, He was becoming my personal best friend. 

I was driving in my car about a year after this loss and I let my mind race to what life may be like if I chose differently, had not obeyed, and went back to how things were. And then He spoke to me again. 

"If you let go of the journey, you let go of the reward."

God was reminding me that through every season of obedience, there is a maturity that follows. It's the labor that precedes the birth. The contractions of growth. 

I am here to encourage you in the journey you are on. Whether you've said yes to a relocation, a new job, a birth, or a new responsibility, God is faithful and the reward stands before you. 

If you let go of the journey, you let go of the reward, and we know...that His rewards are worth it. 

1 comment:

Erik Monastra said...

That is a great word. Really powerful.